When at first you don't succeed, try, try again!
When we first made the zucchini bell pepper wraps as a part of "Essentials," at Living Light Culinary Arts Institute, it was a rough day for me. Aside from still feeling quite "fish out of water" I was detoxing on many different levels. My solution to survive the day was to follow the path of least resistance and just watch while other team members did.
The mexican meal we enjoyed with the wraps was my favorite so making the wraps was one of the first things I did upon returning home. Unfortunately I got all the ingredients except for the psyllium powder. Disappointed I didn't want to abandon my plan so I substituted it with flax meal to thicken and bind the ingredients together. Well, to say the very least, it didn't work. I now know that it would have taken far more flax meal to make it work.
Not to be daunted, this last week I made them again. Prepared with all the ingredients on hand they were a perfect success. I did them later in the evening and what I remember enjoying the most this time was being totally relaxed and calm as I carefully shaped each 1/2 cup of mix in to round circles. Below is a picture of my sweet reward... and this week I'll be enjoying spanish cabbage "rice" and my wraps for dinner.
You can see another photo of these successful wraps every time you visit this blog as two of these lovely creations made it to the plate I photographed for the header image for this blog.
0 Enjoy gourmet food with me:
Post a Comment